INPFF is a nationwide, all-digital film competition for original short documentaries featuring extraordinary stories of ordinary Filipinos. Its aim is to give a platform for Filipino filmmakers showcasing true and inspiring stories of hope.
All Filipinos, regardless of age, are eligible to submit. If you are under 18 years old, please also submit a letter of consent written and signed by a parent or guardian.
- Link to the finished cut of the 3 to 5-minute documentary in H.264 format (Note: Please set the video to private and send the video link and password. Our approved hosting site is Vimeo.)
- Completed application form found here
- Brief resume, two (2) recent 2×2 photos, and a copy of a government-issued ID of the filmmaker(s).
- Copy of the script/transcript of the film
Easy! Just follow these steps:
- Create your original short film and make sure to follow all the guidelines.
- Upload your film to Vimeo. Your video must be password-protected.
- Email your application form, resume, 2×2 photos, script, and your Vimeo link and password to email@example.com. Your email subject/heading must be: INPFF SUBMISSION (Last Name, First Name).
That’s it! Then all that’s left to do is wait for the official announcement of finalists.
None! You won’t be asked to pay any sort of fee all throughout the competition.
The last day for submissions is on February 25, 2018.
No. We’re only accepting one entry per participant.
The director’s statement is the opportunity of the filmmaker to share their vision for their film. Just tell us why you made your film, how you chose your subject, or simply share what it means to you!
The 10 finalists will be flown to Metro Manila to attend the Gala Night on June 12, 2018. Filmmakers, industry people, and other guests will be part of the audience. The 10 films will be screened, followed by the awarding of the 10 finalists and the top three winners. The top three winning films will be screened at Ayala Malls nationwide from June to July of this year. The chosen winners will also receive:
Best Film – PHP 50,000 plus film equipment worth an additional PHP 50,000
First Runner Up – PHP 30,000
Second Runner Up – PHP 20,000
Other prizes will also be given out. More to this, the Gala Night is a great opportunity for all finalists to meet directors, writers, and producers in the film industry. Stay tuned for more information!
ABOUT THE STORY
Yes! You can be as creative as possible! We want you to push the boundaries of what a documentary can be.
No. All films must be original and be made for the competition.
No, they don’t have to appear in the film. All we ask is that the story of hope be true and verifiable, and made with their consent. In the case of deceased film subjects, please make sure to obtain the consent of their immediate family.
Your original short film should be about a Filipino with a story of hope. They could either have remarkable successes, or undergoing something difficult but have not lost hope. It could also just simply be an extraordinarily inspiring story. It’s really up to you! Be as original and as creative as possible. No story or journey is too small. Just make sure to focus on the theme, which is HOPE.